Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day to my dad....the triathlete!



I am so proud of my dad and his positive outlook on life. Over the last few years he has endured some pretty hard health challenges and has never once complained or given up. He has remained optimistic and always strived for the best outcomes. He battled diabetes for years, went to dialysis for over a year, lost the majority of his eyesight, had gastric bypass, suffered an extremely painful back infection and had a kidney transplant. And through it all he remained his same crazy, silly, fun-loving self. Thank you, Dad, for being such a great example of faith and patience. I love you!


To celebrate one year with his new kidney my dad and Uncle Chris participated in a sprint triathlon.



400 meter swim


11.5 mile bike (on a tandem bike)

3 mile run

They are both such great examples to me. Happy Father's Day and Happy 60th Birthday!

2 comments:

chelsea said...

Congrats Thom!! You are so hardcore. Happy Bday and Happy Fathers Day!! I can't wait for the match up between you and my dad:)

Erika said...

Wow! That is incredible! I'm so glad to hear that he is doing so well! No wonder you are so fantastic Melissa, you come from such great parents!